1. The correct patient account number was used.
2. The correct payment amount was posted.
3. The correct service/payment code was selected.
4. Applicable interest payment was posted.
5. Interest allowance code utilized to reverse the interest payment (Internal Audit approval needed)
6. The correct insurance plan was selected.
7. The patient responsibility is moved to the appropriate bucket (SMS) or the appropriate insurance priority (Affinity).
8. Insurance updated and/or added if the plan does not exist on the account.
A ction Steps
2. A re-bill was requested after new insurance was added (primary only)
Timeliness of posting
1. Payment was posted within 24 hours of receipt
2. Historical payments posted within 24 hours or account reactivation (live accounts only)